Review of Dog House White – Three Dog Winery


Three Dog Winery of Prince Edward County produced this little number in 2011- and it’s just my type: cheap and cheerful! It’s made up of 92% Vidal, which lends the wine pretty honeysuckle and floral aromas while the remaining 8% Riesling provides loads of apple, lemon and minerality on both the nose and palate. A surprising oily richness in the mouth asserts that this wine can stand up to some sharper cheeses (such as my all-time fave Balderson 3 Year Cheddar featured in the photo above). This beautifully balanced and versatile white is perfect for the upcoming spring season, if it ever gets here! It won’t break your bank ringing it at $12.95, winery direct Darn, that means you have to take a trip to Prince Edward County.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply